Thursday, June 19, 2014

Why Stampin' Up (Part 3)

Welcome to Part 3 about why I decided to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I'm enjoying sharing this story and appreciate those who are following along.  I would for you to leave comments!

As I continued experimenting with scrapbooking,  I met a Creative Memories Consultant and I fell in love with the company.  The natural teacher in me was dying to share my new found passion with others so naturally I became a consultant.  This was the beginning of a wonderful time in my life.  For the next 10 years

I continued with Creative Memories


 Meeting many wonderful people

 Hosting extravagant workshops


 and even attending a national conference.  I loved teaching and planning the workshops.  With my health improving and my daughters in high school I went back to work and discovered that I no longer had time to be a consultant.  However, I continued to scrapbook until a tragic event which changed my life forever.  My oldest daughter passed away after an auto accident.  For years I could not bring myself to continue making scrapbooks out of the vast number of photos still waiting for a home.  I would try, but it was just too hard.  

Kristi had enjoyed scrapbooking as well and although it was something that had always brought me such joy – I just didn’t have the heart for it.


  During these first years following the accident, I came to realize how important those years of preserving our memories would be.  I had at least 20 scrapbooks that included pictures, memorabilia, and stories.  I can’t express how precious those albums are to me and to my family.  I have also heard from past customers about how scrapbooking has enriched their lives as well.

Today, scrapbooking has taken on many different forms but the idea is still the same - enriching lives by preserving precious memories!

Next time - Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Meschill

No comments:

Post a Comment