Monday, June 9, 2014

Why Stampin' Up (Part 2)

Welcome to Part 2 of why I am once again a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Part 1 was entitled Worst Blogger.

Before I get started on the story I wanted to share what I've been doing today.

Something new to Stampin' Up! since I've been with the company is Paper Pumpkin.  Each month you get a new kit with everything you need to make a project like this.  My kit consisted of everything to make four cards with envelopes and a little stamp set and two mini stamp pads that can be used over and over!  If you're interested in more information on how you can subscribe to Paper Pumpkin Click Here 
or leave a comment and I will get back with you personally!

And now................................



The story begins many years ago. 

My daughters were just starting elementary school and I had just been diagnosed with Lupus.  

Due to some complications with my medical issues I was once again a stay-at-home-mom.  In my pursuit of meaningful things to fill my days, I decided that I would make a scrapbook.  Now you have to consider the fact that scrapbooking was not a major player in the craft industry at this time and I had never even heard of Creative Memories, which at that time, was the only supplier.  I did research - something that I love to do - and met some online friends who were doing the same thing.  





My old Creative Memories customers will laugh, but I started with a three ring binder, a box of page protectors, and some construction paper.  My first pages were rather simple and rough but I had discovered my new love!  I don't have many of those first pages. Most of them have been redone.








With more research, I learned the dos and don’ts, which adhesives to use, the importance of all materials being acid free, and how to lay out a page.  





During this time I also discovered rubber stamps.  I met many wonderful people online, some local and some far away.  I learned many things from these friends and became a member of a group of ladies that got together and scrapped and rubberstamped just about every week.

Join me next time as the story continues to my Creative Memories Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment