Saturday, September 12, 2009

Perfect Rainy Day

A rainy Saturday here in Central Texas. I love it! I have spent the entire day in my writing spot and have written two articles for hubpages.com. The rest of the family and guests are watching football in the front of the house so once again I am able to retreat to my quiet spot in my comfy chair and write while listening to the gentle sound of rain falling. I am so thankful for the rain; there are many farmers in our area that have been devastated by the drought conditions. Every Sunday in our small church someone prays for rain and God has heard and answered those pleas.

It has been really hard for me to get in the mood for fall with our record heat temperatures of over 100 degrees. This is one time of year that I am jealous of those who live in cooler climates and can enjoy the turning leaves, acorns, and pleasant temperatures but with the rain and temperatures in the 70's today, I got the itch to get down my fall decorations. Unfortunately, I think my fall boxes are in storage so I will have to have Rick's assistance to get those, hopefully tomorrow. I have a few little things I bought at the dollar store - what a bargain place for seasonal goodies - I also had Rick get in the attack of the cottage and pull down some china that was left from previous owners. This china will work great for my Fall table with it's wheat stalk design.

I had also planned to have Tea Time today but with the company over for the game I have decided to have it tomorrow afternoon. I will take pictures of my tea table and post tomorrow. I will serve scones with lemon curd and fake Devonshire Cream, Chamomile Lavender Tea, and finger or tea sandwiches made with egg salad or cream cheese and cucumber.

Rick has almost finished pulling the wall paper down from upstairs and will work on the cracks next. The cottage is finally seeing some results as all of the drywall has been pulled down. The next step is to hire someone to haul off the drywall and next some work will be done on the foundation. This, of course, will have to be done by a professional but once it is done we will be able to work on the insulation, the walls, and the floor. Rick is hoping to have phase one of the project, which is the bathroom and bedroom, done by Christmas for my parents.

I love this old house so much - I have really turned into a home body!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Meschill

No comments:

Post a Comment